Tuesday, August 14, 2012

More Little Tweaks

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind words about my revamped corner. Now, I thought I would go ahead and share some other little changes I made around the house. First up, some new throw pillows for the sofa and slipper chairs . . .
There's that camera ham Zoe again!
I ordered the silk ikat zigzag and leopard pillow covers from two different Etsy sellers and think they add a little punch to my neutral upholstered pieces.
The teal green velvet pillow came from World Market several months back, but I recently added a little Greek key trim to give it some personality.

And, I can't forget the two benches I recently got reupholstered. Here's the x-bench . . .
I chose a black fabric with a small white dot and had the contrast piping done in the pink of our Milo Baughman-style chair.
Since the bench and chair don't technically go together (and the bench is actually taller than the chair), I thought I would just go with a coordinating fabric.

I'm not sure if you remember what the before of the bench looked like, but just in case, here it is:

 And, remember the blue bench I got for $10 at a junk shop?

It ended up with an ikat makeover . . . 
I usually play it safe with large furniture pieces and go with more neutral upholstery, but since this was an accent piece at the end of my otherwise neutral bed, I decided to go a little more daring . . . 
Please excuse the lack of styling on my husband's bedside chest (the right side of the photo).
I love it, and so do my pets (I often find them perched there). 

Have you made any little changes to your decor lately?

15 comments:

EBro said...

The bench is my favorite- other than the cutest camera hog ever ;-)

charmaine said...

I love the x bench with pink piping!

Raina Cox said...

There isn't one thing I don't absolutely love. But Zoe is the best!

Unknown said...

Totally diggin all the changes! And... I spy with my little eye the b&w ikea pillow (that is also in my living room!) Wish I found x benches like you do! Room looks great :)
...-Ann

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Yummy! I'm so jealous of the x-bench. I'm on the hunt for one myself but I don't know if any can be found in Chattanooga. I also love your coffee table and rug - it all looks so layered and pretty. Just the right amount of traditional and modern.

Ashley said...

Oooooh, so much fabric-related goodness here. I'm certain that if those ottomans could talk they would scream out a hearty "Thank You!" for saving them from blah-ness.

Melissa Crochet said...

Everything looks warm and comfortable. Great mix of patterns...you did good girl!

Unknown said...

kathy,
I love all these changes and your thrift finds are amazing! Makes me want to go out right now and look around..I go in spurts looking at thrift stores, but have found some amazing pieces..
Thanks for stopping by to visit us. I'm a new follower!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

So glad to have found your beautiful blog. I love all your new pieces and loving your adorable poochie as well:)

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

The X bench looks so good!! And I love that greek key detailing. Such a good idea to dress up the WM pillow.

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

It looks great. I love the IKAT fabric on the bedroom bench. - Brandy

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

That Ikat bench is my favorite. It looks so nice at the foot of your bed. I sleep on the same side that you do.

nelya said...

I'm nothing if not honest, so I'll fully admit to my jealousy. The benches are freakin' awesome. As always, you done good, girl.

SHERRY HART said...

You have been on a roll...getting things done! Love the idea of putting the greek trim on the pillow....and along with every one else...love all of you benches!

Emily | Recently said...

It's beautiful as usual Kathy! I think I might have to steal your greek key idea on the pillow. I love it and think it would be perfect in my living room. Leopard pillows are my new favorite thing. :)