Friday, February 24, 2012

Windswept

Sorry for the lame post title, but seriously, it is so windy here I almost got knocked over earlier and am currently watching a huge cedar tree bend and sway a little too much toward my screened-in porch. So, what should I post about on this blustery day? Art, of course. (Sorry no good segues into that). The truth of the matter is a very talented artist named Liza Hathaway Matthews got in touch with me this morning to share her art, and I immediately wanted to share it with you. Just take a look . . .
 "java"
24x24
oil, acrylic and charcoal 
$625 
(currently out on approval)

 "fiesta"
24 x 36
oil, acrylic and charcoal
$850

 "quince"
24 x 30
oil, acrylic and charcoal
$750

"mexico"
24 x 24
oil, acrylic and charcoal
$625

Aren't the colors beautiful? I want to do a moodboard just around one of her paintings. Liza has a BFA in painting AND interior design from the Maryland Institute, College of Art and lives in Baltimore with her husband and three children. You can find more of Liza's paintings at Oriet's Fine Art, and she also does commissioned pieces. Just contact her at brent.matthews@comcast.net to inquire. 

Thanks to Liza for sharing her beautiful pieces. Hope you enjoyed the beautiful art to kick off your weekend!

8 comments:

Brilliant Chic said...

WOW! I'm a new fan!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Such beautiful painting...love the colors.

SHERRY HART said...

OMG...I am loving her work...beautiful!!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Thanks for sharing her work, Kathy. I love these colorful pieces!
www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Gild and Grace said...

These are stunning! Love them all :)

Abbey x

Interior Design Musings said...

OK, I'm totally smitten. It's not in the budget at the moment, but I'm so putting it on the list - maybe birthday or Christmas!! I NEED one of these in my kitchen. love.

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

Gorgeous work. I love it. Windy here too, for days...who can have good hair in this weather?

Brandy@MAKE+MODEL said...

I love Java. It would look great in Cha-Gogo!