Friday, January 28, 2011

Show and Tell

Yesterday I downloaded a lot of photos off my phone from the past month. I tend to snap photos whenever I'm out and about and see something interesting. Just to prove that I don't buy everything I see (I show a lot of restraint, really), here are things that caught my eye that didn't go home with me.

These first two are from the Downtown Antique Mall, a bastion of coolness.
These Parzinger-style floor lamps were very cool. Someone else thought so too as they were marked "SOLD."

The wood sculpture initially caught my eye, but check out the unique table it's sitting on. It's the capital of a column! Loved the Greek key pattern, the aged patina, the marble top, and the fact it was on casters.
What's not to love about this tole wheat sheaf table? Reminds me of the one Julie at Monkey Grass Hill snagged for her home.
Julie's table. Check out her story here. She got quite the deal.

The tole table and the three items below are all from Gas Lamp Antiques. While I was there poking around, a very nice lady (Hi, Laurie) actually recognized me from my blog. I was beyond flattered. She was super nice, and it really made my day!
Loved the shape of this bed. Would be a great contrast against light walls.

Great conversation piece. 
Such a cute and delicate little chair. Love the fabric. Would look great in my daughter's room but it's not in the budget.

 
Cool X-base console tables. And for $169, I thought they were a bargain.
The console above and next several items are from Southeastern Salvage, a great place to find some bargains.
Nice round mirrors. I think they were about $80 each. 

Not sure I'm on the horn bandwagon, but if I were I'd be in luck.
Cowhides galore for cheap, about $130, I think. I still love these (as I blogged about here) but can't figure out where I would put one. May revisit this issue.

And petite little gourd lamps in bright colors. Almost got one for Meg's room. Might still. They were about $30.
Liked the colors in these bird prints. The greens and oranges were very vivid.
The following items are from a new consignment store I happened upon called Remix Furniture Consignment on 8th Avenue in Nashville just down from the Habitat for Humanity thrift store. I thought they had a great selection. Here are some of those finds . . .
Still looking for an Asian-style coffee table? This one was only $75.
More Brno chairs! They had 8 of these. Of course, they were $650 each. I really love the look of this flat arm version. Sigh.
Loved the shape of this vintage wingback. There were two of these for $70 each. Of course, they would require new upholstery.
The next two items are from a little consignment shop called Consign 2 Design.
Loved this green vase. There were two of them (oh joy). Thought they would look good on a mantel.
Great little pillow for $12. Looks similar to Scalamandre's Le Tigre.

Fun flamestitch or zigzag loveseat. I believe it's on sale now. Would be great in dark library. Hard to tell from the photo, but it's kind of rust and blue. This I found at Clearinghouse Consignment in Belle Meade.

The next five things I found at the Antique Shoppes at Belle Meade. Definitely not a thrifty place, but somewhere to buy investment pieces for sure.
I believe this beauty actually is Scalamandre's Le Tigre. Oh, how I wish I could afford this. Sigh.
Beautiful antique sunburst mirror. Also out of my price range. A girl can dream.
Love this pop of orange, nailhead goodness. And there's storage inside.
Sorry for the bad photo. It is just an iphone. More orange yumminess, this time in a faux bois needlepoint version.
I have always been a fan of the Louis Phillippe mirror. Gorgeous.
These last three finds are from the Flea Market this past weekend. Let me just say, it was FREEZING. And I came home empty-handed. Boo.
I SO should have bought these lamps. $60 for the pair, and she said she would have gone lower. Original linen scalloped shades.
Close-up of its Chinoiserie details. These are truly the ones that got away. I'm claiming it was so cold I couldn't think properly.
Cute, cheap chairs. $28 each. Couldn't justify another chair purchase.
Sleek and sexy.

And the one that didn't get away (okay, so I lied and bought one thing. I'm only human) . . .
This brass gurgle vase for $19. It's pretty big. Bought it yesterday from Clearinghouse Consignment. It was 50% off! I love it. Not sure my kids do (or my friend Becky), but oh well.
I know . . . I have a shopping addiction. This could work in your favor however. If you ever need help scouting unique finds for your own home or help picking out furniture, fabric or fixtures, I'm your girl. Just shoot me an email. I'd love to work with you!

24 comments:

Full House said...

Where do you live..seriously great finds.

I want those lamps in the top photo.

Have a great weekend

Nancy Kim said...

I am pained on your behalf that you did not buy that pair of lamps! Oh well, there will always be more lamps, right? :)

Andrea said...

I love all your finds. Looks like my kind of stores.

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh! Looks like you've found a goldmine in all of theses places! Happy weekend!

JT said...

I went by the Antique Mall downtown yesterday and saw many of the same things you did. Fell in love with a few prints and I also liked the blue cowboy in your first pic! Even ventured out to Remix while I still had time. Those black chairs were awesome - but the price tag a little too steep :)

jandjhome said...

Awesome finds! It's fun to window shop sometimes. I see things that aren't necessarily my style but I love.

Anonymous said...

A lot really fantastic finds! the pair of lamps at top were so cool. Also I think I would have brought home the pair of wing backs they have such a unique shape and you usually can't find them in pairs. Thanks for the mention of MGH. How much was the wheat sheaf table you saw going for?

The gurgle vase is cute :)

Julie

bluehydrangea said...

Kathy, your fish is fabulous!! And those floor lamps? Killer!!! And how cool that you were recognized!!

designchic said...

What a fun day you had. Julie's table is fabulous...wish I'd found that one!! Have a great weekend ~

Kim said...

Ok, Kathy! I need to go shopping with you. I need one of those flea market chairs for a photo shoot I want to do. But, I'd also take the pair of those white wingbacks. Such a cool shape! And I'd like that black bed and the crane too, please. :)

Oh, and I recently made over a sunburst mirror for my dining room. Not nearly as ornate as that one, but it's fun nevertheless.

ModFruGal said...

Glad you liked the lamps in the top photo...that's my booth! They were loved for many years and just didn't work in my house anymore.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Wow, you found some great loot! And you showed remarkable restraint, too! Impossible to choose my favorite - and don't you love Southeast Salvage. They've had some really current stuff up here lately...

SHERRY HART said...

Forget Scott's! I'm coming to Nashville!!! There is some great stuff there and the prices seem pretty reasonable!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kathy - it's Laurie!!! I had seen those floor lamps at Downtown Antique Mall and thought they were so pretty. I am glad they sold so I am $300 richer!!! I just saw an ad for Remix on Craigslist, was not familiar with them - thank you for the pics!!! Love Clearing House - one of my favorites!!! I think your vase is cool. Let's get together soon! Laurie

My Interior Life said...

Thanks everyone! I did think there were some great finds over the past month (even the ones that got away).

You know I'd go shopping with any of you anytime. And ModFruGal, so glad to meet you and learn who was the previous owner of those wonderful lamps!

CRICKET said...

Wonderful stuff! Sometimes it's so hard to see through all the junk but you seemed to do it.

Gretchen O. said...

All amazing finds! I need to make a trip up there to shop...ya'll have great stuff! I hope your husband read the post...the things we let slip away in the name of restraint...ba humbug!

alison giese Interiors said...

I'd have to take medication to control my urges if I lived where you do! Those turq-WAZ lamps are just the thing/color I'm looking for for a dining room console, but everything is truly enviable!

Emma at The Marion House Book said...

Wow - some great finds.

Julie Holloway said...

you have the best antique market, I think. Those gourd lamps were a steal!

paula said...

I want to go shopping with you!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh, I would have had so much fun there!! That wood sculpture is gorgeous! And so my style ;-)

Happy Monday Darling! xo

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

How did you put so much goodness into one post, I think I cried after seeing those first floor lamps at the downtown antique mall...=( Now sold. They have a web page on facebook you can keep up with all their daily loot. The fish is super cool and perhaps the lamps are still there next month!

Suzy Q said...

Hey Kathy!

I've been following your blog for quite some time now and noticed you were in love with that Schalamandre velvet accent pillow (who isn't)! I've currently got three identical pillows left at my online store and thought you may be interested! Here is the link:

http://betterdecoratingbible.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=12

Let me know what you think, thanks!!

Suzy Q from BetterDecoratingBible.com