Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crushing

I'm sure everyone has seen the newest issue of Lonny. Of course, it's drool-worthy, but designer Hillary Thomas really blew me away. Her design aesthetic is right up my alley. I often struggle with what to call my own style, and hers is what I strive for.  Lonny titled the article "Vintage Nouveau" which sounds kind of like an oxymoron to me, but what do I know? Anyway, on to the eye candy . . .
Notice all the Chinoiserie, which I love. She even mentions Circa Who as a source which is where I got my pagoda chandelier.
More Chinoiserie with pagoda cabinet. How cool is that? I need that bedding.
Must have that chair. I realize I sound needy.
And some shots from her portfolio . . . 
Notice the Brno chair? I actually have that mirrored lamp on the right side of the desk. Love those pagoda lamps too.
The unexpected, gigantic photos really shake up the room.
So, what do you think of my newest design crush?

7 comments:

Elsie said...

love it--it is SO you!

Rashon Carraway said...

You asked who lives in Charlotte, NC...well I certainly live near it and have quite a few blog friends who do as well. That settee will make a great addition to anyone's home. I recently became you newest follower.


Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Tammy@InStitches said...

Hi Kathy, I just came over from Sissy's. Love your blog.... I'm your newest follower !

Gretchen O. said...

I love it all....I thought the same thing about the Vintage Nouveau, but now I have a name for it when asked! Gorgeous, ALL OF IT! And that teal bureau, knock me over with a feather!

LiveLikeYou said...

A blog after my own heart!! I love Hilary Thomas and I'm glad I found your blog.

birdsofafeatherdesign.com said...

Kathy- I LOVE the ginormous photos. Her style is unreal! Love your blog! -Ann

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I'm crushing with ya! Any idea where those pagoda lamps came from?