Friday, October 29, 2010

The $14 Blog Post

Today, after mistakenly thinking the flea market was this weekend at the fairgrounds, I stumbled upon an antique show I had never been to or even heard of before - something called the Tailgate Antique Show and Antiques at Music Valley. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind, and at $14 to get in, it was a little more than I wanted to pay, but what the hell. Here's what I found:

The show is apparently geared toward "country" antiques which thankfully encompasses a lot more these days than it used to (as evidenced by the new Country Living I just picked up the other day at the store). I enjoyed meeting a few of the vendors and learning some new things. And even if the merchandise was not all my taste, I did find some cool things.
This huge iron circle (not sure of its origin) would be great with a mirror placed in it.
Huge wood sculpture. Wish I had space for this.
Fantastic old, weathered Chesterfied sofa. Swoon.
Didn't love the fluted glass shades on this light fixture but did love the fixture itself. Such great, clean lines.
Old post office desk. How cool is this?
 Some large orange container. Just fun.
I know I've seen some similar botanical charts floating around design publications and blogs.
Industrial light fixtures. Loving the green.

Modern rustic chic. I just made that term up.

Just loved this. Beautiful wood, great lines.

More cool industrial-looking stuff.

Gorgeous bombe chest from the 1700's. This and the chairs below came out of the dealer's home. Apparently, his wife decided they needed to redecorate. She sounds like me. I just need to start a business to unload all my old stuff.
One of a pair of pumpkin orange French leather chairs. So unique and pretty. Also pretty expensive. Don't know if I happened to mention but basically everything here was way out of my price range. Remember, I thought I would be flea market shopping, not antique shopping. 

The following photos are all from the same booth, and I loved just about everything in it. Interestingly enough, the guy working the booth couldn't have cared less that I was there and didn't offer any help or even look up from what he was reading. Can you see the giant golf ball in the reflection of the mirror? The guy was hiding behind it. Coward.
Loved the desk lamp and the GRAND sign, of course. That is definitely a statement piece.

And, some other random things that caught my eye . . .
I have absolutely no idea what this is, but it has real oyster shells as handles and feet, a ceramic crab on top, and it's a beautiful green color. Conversation starter for sure.
Just because I like portraits. They're oh so serious.
A really pretty blue chest.
Graphic orange tables would be great used together as a console or as bedside tables.
Huge blue cabinet. Anywhere.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Halloween!

9 comments:

Julie Holloway said...

Do you know how much some of those things go for (like those modern rustic chairs?) That was fun going shopping with you!

Matt said...

I like that post office desk. Thankfully I was able to be absent on this antiquing trip. You know wha t I think about those kind of shows... They're country, so country they have to spell it with a "K"

A Perfect Gray said...

a great look at some fun stuff. wish I could have been there - you gave me the next best thing!

thanks!

Unknown said...

You really found some great things...looks like it was worth it!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

I was ready to go as well thinking the Flea Market was this past weekend, wrong weekend! I try to go every month it's held since we are losing it soon....=(

SHERRY HART said...

I loved everything!!! If only money grew on trees :)

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Great post and a beautiful blog. I'm a follower.

The wooden triplet chairs are adorable!

Loretta

Anonymous said...

Hello, new here...I've just decided right now that the shopping in South Florida is TERRIBLE. I love the "Grand" sign.

lizziefitz said...

unbelievable finds. you picked out so many great pieces. too bad they were too pricey:(